Nettle Root Lycopene & Zinc Complex is a scientifically-based formulation of nutrients with highly active, whole superfoods and botanicals. Nettle has been linked and researched for its benefits to prostate and renal health it can also help to feel overall more energetic alongside having a positive effect on the kidneys. This Terranova formula also contains high levels of Zinc which is incredibly important for men’s health.
- Nettle Root – Nettle is also rich in various nutrients that are involved in healthy prostate function and hormonal balance.
- Avena Sativa (Green Oat Seed) – Oat seeds (in their milk stage) have historically been regarded as one of the most valuable male health tonics. While a remarkably high content of zinc (which inhibits the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone) undoubtely one of the reasons for the health benefits, milky oat seed also contains various phytonutrients which may support prostate and overall male health.
- Pumpkin Seed – Pumpkin seeds have a high content of zinc, as well as being a good source of copper, the most important nutrient to keep in proper balance with zinc. The seeds also provide fatty acids which complement the role of zinc.
- Prickly Pear Flower – Excessive activity of the enzymes 5-alpha reductase and aromatase is antagonistic to prostate health.
- Stabilised Rice Bran (SRB) – SRB is perhaps the most potent natural source of beta sitosterol
- Parsley Leaf – In addition to its historical use as a tonic for urinary system health, parsley provides an abundance of protective flavonoids – especially apigenin, which has been the subject of a much scientific interest regarding its potential role in prostate health.
- Cornsilk – Like parsley, cornsilk has been used historically to maintain the health of the urinary tract. Although much of this is associated with the content of maizenic acid, there are various other constituents that may be supportive as well.
- Acai Berry- Acai berries provide a good source various micronutrients that may help maintain healthy prostate function, such as zinc and vitamin E. However, an even greater focus on acai regarding prostate health is associated with the remarkably high concentration of plant sterols and the wide range of antioxidant flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Watercress – The glucosinolate compounds in watercress have drawn a great deal of scienfic attention with regards to prostate health. This under-rated superfood is also abundant in powerful and protective antioxidant flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Sea Buckthorn Berry & Leaf – Numerous constituents within sea buckthorn possess research-proven properties that are relevant to maintaining healthy prostate function. The carotenoid lycopene, several types of antioxidant flavonoids, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins C and E are the most notable examples.
Ingredients: Nettle Root (fresh freeze dried) 250mg, Green Oat Seed [Avena sativa] (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC) 200mg, Pumpkin Seed 100mg, Prickly Pear Cactus Flower 100mg, Stabilised Rice Bran 100mg, Parsley Leaf (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC) 50mg, Cornsilk 25mg, Acai Berry (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC) 25mg, Watercress (fresh freeze dried) 25mg, Sea Buckthorn Berry/Leaf (fresh freeze dried) 25mg, Lycopene (as tomato prep.) 15mg, Zinc (as bisglycinate) 10mg, Larch Tree Arabinogalactan 2.75mg, Selenium (as selenomethionine) 50ug
Directions: As a food supplement for adults, take 1 or 2 vegicaps daily with food. Do not exceed stated dose unless directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each Terranova nutritional product is enhanced with its own synergistic complex of botanicals and phytonutrient rich foods, called Magnifood. Magnifood ingredients are combined in a manner which enhances the body’s biochemical environment in order to maximize the potential benefits of the product’s vitamins, minerals and/or other nutrients. Many of the plants used in Magnifood are fresh freeze dried. Research shows that fresh freeze drying has the unique ability to retain a plant’s enzymes, and is shown to be superior to other drying methods in terms of activity, stability, solubility and preservation of a plant’s original fresh chemistry (as it was when the plant was harvested).
- enhancing absorption, bioavailability, utilization, activity, stability, function and effect of the product‘s nutrients
- providing synergistic enzymes and co-factors crucial to the utilization and functions of the product’s nutrients
- providing a vast array of phytonutrients that enhance the potential functions and/or applications of the product
- providing ingredients which enhance the overall content of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the product
- protecting ingredients from oxidative damage, helping to support the stability and activity of the product’s nutrients