Bloating may often be the result of poor digestion or an inadequate diet. Below I will list 9 natural remedies for bloating.
• Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to promote adequate levels of HCl (stomach acid) – low levels of HCl may contribute to bloating by struggling to digest food adequately.
• Chew food well to coat it in saliva and enzymes to aid digestion.
• Avoid excessive liquids with foods – too much may dilute HCl (see above)
• Avoid overburdening the stomach which could make good digestion difficult
• Sit upright when eating to provide more space for the stomach to perform its digestive functions
• Lightly cook vegetables as overcooking loses the natural enzymes which may aid digestion
• Magnesium – stress can contribute to bloating and magnesium, a natural relaxant, can help ease stress.
• Vitamin C may aid in the production of gastrin, and in turn gastric juices, which may aid digestion and may kill bloating-causing bacteria and yeast.
• Probiotics can help promote healthy gut flora and may kill the bacteria and yeast which contribute to bloating